Nowadays I am doing more in the recipes category.That is really because now I know all are geared up to welcome Ramadan and to share some good recipes that are healthy and quick will be helpful for you people.As a person who spend so much time online, I often has some good finds of recipes that surprise the cook in me.This homemade bajji mix is one such recipes.I found it in yummytummyarthis recipebox and has followed it word by word and ever since then bajji making has been easy, quick and tasty.I have already made a batch and kept it in refrigerator so that it will be easy to whip up egg bajji or aloo bajji or chilli bajji in case i prefer an easy spicy snack for iftar..You just need to take up few spoons of bajji mix and add water and salt and get it in the consistency that coats the outer surface of a spoon and start making bajjis.
So here goes the recipe..
- Gram Flour / Kadala Mavu - 1 cup
- Rice Flour - 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Asafeotida / Hing / Kaya Podi - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Powder / Dry Chukku Podi - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Dry Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Sieve everything together to a bowl.
- Mix very well.
- Keep it in a clean dry sealed container in fridge for weeks..
- 1.Original recipe added salt in it.I added salt whenever i got to make it.
- 2.If you don't have garlic or ginger powder omit them and add gingergarlic paste when you make the batter.
- 3.These bajjis are crisper and tasty because of all these ingredients.So don't omit any.
- 4.When i made this secondtime i doubled the amount and it came out well like the original recipe.