So I added a new section in Recipes as Drinks and this is the Inauguration Post.
I wish to introduce exotic Drinks recipes here to explore and enable you with more options when it comes to serving a decent drink for all your parties and get-togethers.
So this is Jamaican Carrot Drink I tried a couple of times before and fell in love with. The use of Nutmeg gets it into a different level of taste.
Please see the notes for all the tips and variations as well.
- Carrots (Medium to Large), cut in small chunks - 4 to 5
- Sugar - Half cup
- Water -2 cup
- Milk- 1 and 1/4 cup
- Vanila essence- Half teaspoon
- Grated Nutmeg- Half teaspooon or Half a Nutmeg
- Blend Carrots and water together.
- Strain the Carrot juice to get a smooth juice.
- Pour back the juice with all the rest of ingredients.
- Adjust the sugar and taste according to your preference.
- Refrigerate before serving or serve with icecubes.
- 1. The original recipe uses evaporated milk (I cup needed in this recipe) .
- 2. You can use Condensed milk for a rich version (omit sugar with quarter cup condensed milk or adjust according to your taste).Milk seems easy available and doesnt interfere with taste.
- 3. And if you feel sad to strain away the rich carrot puree, feel free to use it without straining if you enjoy your veggies like me. Or else use the residue puree in curries or dips.