Healthy eating is synonymous to avoiding processed food. But our diet includes various kinds of processed food which often seems irreplaceable. And so the option available is to reduce their use or to find healthier versions especially when it comes to snacks as snacks are often loaded sugars and unhealthy fats.
Healthy Date Truffle is a nutritious and delicious snack which can be made ahead and kept for times you crave something sweet and healthy. And the good news is it is quick and easy to make too. This was found and treasured in my attempt for #365daysofhealthychoices and is a winner.
- Dates Paste- 250 gm (Alternatively use soft dates(soak for sometime if hard)pitted and processed or blended to paste)
- Nuts of your choice- 1/4 cup (I used Almonds)
- Dessicated Coconut- 1/2 cup + for rolling
- Cocoa powder- 2 Tablespoons
- Coconut oil
- Any flavour- Cinnamon/Rose water/Orange blossom/Cardomom(Go wild and free :-D)
- In a foodprocessor add nuts and process to coarse small pieces and add all other ingredients one by one.
- Remember to scrape sides of processor in between.
- Add a dash of salt and few teaspoons of coconut oil just to get the dough together.
- Add few drops of flavorings you prefer and transfer to a plate.
- Shape into small balls and roll over dessicated coconut.
- Keep in a dry sealed jar and enjoy.
- 1. Feel free with the meausrements and change according to your taste.
- 2. I kept it over the countertop for a week and it was fine even in this summer. You can refrigerate if needed.