There is an advantage for sweet snacks.There are more healthy options of preparing them unlike the spicy ones that often need to be fried.
So obviously as we start opting healthy snacks,sweet snacks get in the book more often.
I love recipes that pass through relations..Whenever you cook them it reminds of those people who took the time to share it for you..This recipe was recently added to my cookbook via my sister who got it from her neighbour :-)Thankyou dears..It was new for me and it was easy hence definitely in my Ramadans quick healthy snack ideas..
I have searched what Kums means before..Any cake that uses a mix of egg,sugar,and any fruit or vegetable or flavours has been called Kums..There are carrot kums or apple kums or plain egg kums which we usually try..Addition of coconut makes this more rich..So to the recipe..
- 1 cup carrot grated(1 large carrot)
- 1 cup fresh coconut
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3-4 cardamom crushed
- 2 tablespoon milkpowder
- Nuts or Raisins or both
- A pinch salt
- (1 cup=250ml measuringcup)
- First saute carrot and coconut without any oil in a nonstickpan with 2 tablespoon sugar and keep aside when the carrot turns pale.
- Blend the remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Mix carrot coconut mix with the egg batter.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a nonstickpan with a lid with air vent and pour the mix when ghee gets hot.
- Sprinkle nuts or raisins or both over.
- Cover and cook in sim for about 15-20 minutes.
- When its done(test by inserting a knife or fork or toothpick which shall come clean if ready),turn off the heat and let it cool completely before cutting.
- 1.You can try it in a small pressurecooker without the whistle as in other kums recipes..But i haven't tried it though.
- 2.Don't halve the recipe as this one itself was thin enough.
- 3.Taste the batter and adjust according to your sugar taste.This one was mildly sweet enough for me.