Though this small recipe corner is my place of sharing pretty much any thing I try and succeed in the kitchen,I think as Ramadan approaches, wouldn’t it be better if i start this journey with some Ramadan friendly recipes??Yeah..I see you..Accepted.. 😀
Ramadan is the time when you need superfoods-foods that are packed with nutrients and easy to be absorbed so that you can have higher energy levels all throughout Ramadan without bloating or being stuffed feeling.
Maybe that is why Dates are play a major role in the Ramadan foods.I know many people including BH who doesn’t love to eat dates as such for various reasons.But that doesn’t mean you should omit such a superfood from your list.Maybe if you could present them better they would start loving them as BH did.. 🙂
Batheeth is an emirati date ball which is healthy easy and tasty as well..I stumbled upon this recipe from ChefInDisguise while my surfing and halved the recipe and adapted it according to my pantry goods availability..
If you are looking for a way to incorporate healthy snacks during this Ramadan or just a healthy snack to nibble on this is a must try..
- 1 cup date paste
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (Your choice of nuts)
- 3-4 cardomom pods crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice(Squeezed out of a crushed piece of ginger)
- (1 cup=250 ml measuring cup)
- Take the flour in a nonstick pan or heavy bottomed pan and roast dry till it turns to a golden brown colour.Keep stirring to avoid burning.The colour changes and you get a nutty aroma in about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the date paste and mix it with the flour till they gets binded to each other.
- Meanwhile melt the butter adding the cardomom crushed pods to it.
- Add the cardomom infused melted butter and ginger juice to date flour mixture and combine it on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and set aside to cool enough to handle.
- Make small or medium balls out of it according to your wish and roll them in nuts..
- You can add nuts as such while adding butter if you like it that way..And you can roll in white sesame seeds later.
- Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature..It should stay fresh for weeks.
- 1.I used date paste.You can make date paste using your mixer, but take care to use soft dates.
- 2.Don't keep too much time stirring after you add date paste.After adding dates you only need to incorporate everything together.Too much stirring will make the balls hard.
- 3.The choice of nuts and rolling(sesame seeds/nuts/dessicated coconut etc) and shapes are all upto your fantasy.